What is Cornerstone Bank Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit allows you to make a deposit directly into your personal checking or savings account using the Cornerstone Bank App on supported iPhone or Android devices. It allows you to submit photos of the front and back of your endorsed check.
How do I enroll in Mobile Banking?
After you login to online banking, click on Options and scroll down to Mobile Banking Profile. Click on Manage Devices. If you are not enrolled, this will state Enrollment Status: Not Enrolled and you have the option to Enroll Now. When you choose Enroll Now, you will be taken to the Terms and Conditions to accept. You will then be directed to the Mobile Banking Main Menu to walk through the set up of your Mobile Banking using text, app, or mobile browser.
Is Mobile Deposit secure?
Yes. Using Mobile Deposit via our mobile banking app offers the same security features and protection as our online banking service, including security login, as well as a timeout feature when your mobile device is not in use. We use advanced encryption and security technology:
- When you log in with your smartphone, we confirm your credentials and device.
- Online banking credentials are not stored on your mobile device.
- Check images are not stored on your mobile device.
- We require frequent password changes.
- You can view accounts by nicknames you define, not by account numbers.
- 128-bit encryption masks your sensitive information.
In addition, please follow these best practices to secure your mobile device:
- Keep passwords, usernames and authentication information confidential and do not share them with others.
- Always remember to log off properly when you have completed your mobile banking session.
- Do not leave your mobile phone unattended.
- In the event that your mobile device is lost or stolen, your mobile banking service can be disabled by calling 888-297-2100.
- Lost or stolen phones should be reported to the carrier promptly.
- Password-protect your device
- Always lock your device when it’s not in use.
- Set your device to automatically lock after being idle for a set amount of time.
- Set your device to use a longer and stronger password than the default 4-digit unlock code if this option is available on your phone.
- Never send personal information (account numbers, passwords, social security number, etc.) using text messaging. If a message is intercepted or your phone is stolen, it could be used in ID theft.
- To ensure the safety of your personal and account information, only download mobile apps from reputable sources (i.e. Google Play or Apple App Store).
Who can use the Mobile Deposit service?
You can use the Mobile Deposit service if:
- You are enrolled in Cornerstone Bank Personal Online Banking.
- You have downloaded the Cornerstone Bank App and enrolled in Mobile Banking.
- You have a supported iPhone or Android device.
- You are an owner on an active personal checking or savings account.
- You read and accept the Mobile Deposit Terms and Conditions.
How does Mobile Deposit work?
Deposits can be made quickly and securely. Follow these simple steps:
- Endorse the back of your check, and include the words “Cornerstone Mobile Deposit.”
- Login to mobile banking.
- Select the deposit tab and new deposit.
- Select the account to deposit funds and enter the deposit amount of the check.
- Take a photo of the front and back of the check. Take the photo against a background that gives a strong contrast, remove any objects that show up in the picture, ensure the entire check is visible, in focus and well lit (see below for additional guidelines for taking photos).
- Confirm the deposit amount.
- Result screen will indicate either Deposit Pending or Deposit Failed. If the deposit failed, you will receive an error message with the reason the deposit failed. Depending on the reason the deposit failed, you may be given an option to retake the image (see below for Guidelines for Resolving Error Message or Exception Message).
- View Deposit History to check the status of your deposit. Statuses include pending, failed and accepted.
- Retain the original Paper Item in a secure location for fourteen (14) calendar days after the deposit is credited to your account. After you have verified this, you are required to shred the check.
What types of checks can I deposit?
Consumer Mobile Deposit allows you to deposit most checks drawn on U. S. financial institutions. Checks must always be made payable to an account owner, endorsed properly and may not be made payable to a business. Certain items are not supported through the Consumer Mobile Deposit and must be deposited at a bank location (see below for a list of checks that can not be deposited through Mobile Deposit).
What happens if I receive a message that my Deposit Failed?
If you receive an error message that the deposit failed, you may be given an option to retake the photo depending on the reason the deposit failed (see below for Guidelines for Resolving Error Message or Exception Message).
What does a status of pending mean under View Deposit History?
The bank is in the process of reviewing your deposit to ensure it is in compliance with the Mobile Deposit Terms and Conditions. The deposit will either be accepted or rejected.
What does a status of failed mean under View Deposit History?
The bank reviewed your mobile deposit and rejected the deposit. Please contact the bank at 888-297-2100 to determine the reason it was rejected.
What are the daily cut-off times for deposits made through Mobile Deposit?
If you transmit your mobile deposit before 4:30 pm CST on any Business Day, we shall review and process your mobile deposit on that Business Day. If your deposit is in compliance with the mobile deposit terms and conditions and displays “accepted”, it will be credited to your account the same business day. If you transmit your mobile deposit after 4:30 pm CST on any Business Day, we shall review and process your mobile deposit on the next Business Day. If your deposit is in compliance with the mobile deposit terms and conditions and displays “accepted”, it will be credited to your account the next business day.
What happens if I receive an Exception or Error Message?
There are certain conditions in the process of making a mobile deposit that may result in an error message. You may be given the option to resolve the error (see below for Guidelines for Resolving Exception or Error Messages).
When are the funds available?
If you transmit your mobile deposit before 4:30 pm CST on any Business Day, we shall review and process your mobile deposit on that Business Day. If your deposit is in compliance with the mobile deposit terms and conditions and we accept the deposit, it will be credited to your account the same business day. If you transmit your mobile deposit after 4:30 pm CST on any Business Day, we shall review and process your mobile deposit on the next Business Day. If your deposit is in compliance with the mobile deposit terms and conditions and we accept the deposit, it will be credited to your account the next business day.
Are there limits for deposits made through Mobile Deposit?
Yes. Currently, the daily mobile deposit limit is $2,000.00 with no single deposit to exceed $1,500.00. Each check is considered a separate deposit. There is no limit to the number of checks you can deposit in a day.
What should I do with my paper check after using mobile deposit?
Securely store your check for 14 days after the deposit has been credited to your account. After you have verified this, you are required to shred the check.
Are there fees for using Mobile Deposit?
No. Cornerstone Bank Mobile Deposit feature is free.
Do I need to use a deposit slip to make a deposit through Mobile Deposit?
No. We will use what is called a substitute (or electronic) deposit slip to post the deposit to your account.
Can I set up an alert message so that I am notified each time a mobile deposit is made?
Yes. A mobile deposit alert can be set up through online banking. After logging in to online banking, click on alerts, click on either checking or savings, click on set up new alert and choose the category and type of alert, then choose which account you would like to receive an alert for and then how you would like to be notified of the alert. You will receive an alert message the day after the mobile deposit posts to your account.
Should I endorse my check before taking a picture?
Yes. Endorse the back of your check, and include the words “Cornerstone Mobile Deposit.”
How will I know if there is a problem with my mobile deposit after I submit it?
Your deposit will go through a data validation process after you confirm your deposit information. If the deposit fails during the data validation process, you will receive a message that the “Deposit Failed” and the reason the deposit failed. If the deposit fails, you may be given an option to retake the photo (see below for Guidelines to Resolve Error or Exception Message). We encourage you to check the status of your deposit within 2 hours of submitting your deposit by selecting Deposits and View Deposit History to make certain the status indicates accepted.
How will I know when the check has been posted to my account?
You can inquire on your account through Mobile Banking.
How do I view my Mobile Deposit History?
You can view the deposit history and the status of a deposit by selecting Deposits and View Deposit History section. You will be able to view 30 days of deposit history and view a check image.
Why am I unable to deposit my check?
There are a few reasons that checks may not be able to be deposited:
- Folded or torn corners
- Front image is not legible
- Amount entered does not match the amount read by the scanning software
- Courtesy amount is not legible
- Routing and account numbers are unclear
- No camera on the device
- Image is too dark or too light
- Check is not drawn on a U. S. financial institution
- Check already deposited
- Missing endorsement
Who can I call if I have questions about Mobile Deposit?
If you have questions about Mobile Deposit, please call 888-297-2100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines for taking photos
- When prompted for the amount, carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on your check.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos.
- Keep the check within the view finder on the camera screen when capturing your photos.
- Try not to get too much of the areas surrounding the check.
- Take the photos of your check in a well-lit area.
- Take the photo against a background that gives a strong contrast. Place the check on solid dark background before taking the photo of it. A light colored check against a light colored background may not work.
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photos.
- Hold the camera as square to the check as possible to reduce corner to corner skew.
- Make sure that the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit.
- No shadows across the check
- All four corners are visible
- Check is not blurry
- The MICR line (numbers on the bottom of your check) is readable.
Checks that can not be deposited through Mobile Deposit
- Checks payable to any person other than you
- Checks payable to any person other than the person that owns the account that the check is being deposited into
- Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States
- Checks not payable in United States currency
- Some check formats will not take. An example of this may be personal checks with busy backgrounds
- An image replacement document
- Remotely created checks (whether in paper form or electronically created)
- Checks drawn against a line of credit
- Checks that the image quality does not pass validation
- Duplicate Detection if the check has already been submitted for deposit
- Savings bonds
- Traveler’s checks
- Insurance drafts
- Sight drafts
- Checks or items containing alteration to any of the fields on the front of the check or item (including the MICR line), or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check or item is drawn
- Checks that the courtesy amount is not legible
- Checks dated more than six (6) months prior to the date of deposit
Guidelines for Resolving Exception Messages
The following exception messages provide certain conditions that may result in an error message and how to resolve the exception.
|The user selects Continue when an amount has not been entered||Please enter the check amount.||
|The user selects Continue when an invalid amount has been entered||Enter only numbers (dollars and cents) for the deposit amount.||
|The deposit amount exceeds the user‘s daily threshold amount for deposits||You have exceeded the maximum cumulative deposit amount allowed in a day. Please contact the bank at 888-297-2100||
|The deposit amount exceeds the user’s threshold amount for a single item||You have exceeded the maximum amount allowed for a single deposit. Please contact the bank at 888-297-2100.||
|The image upload for either the front or back image fails.||Your image upload has failed. Please retake the photo or try again later.||
Guidelines to Resolve Error Message
This table lists errors you may encounter. The table lists the condition (what), the error you will receive and the option in the App to resolve the error.
Error Message Text
|Cannot read check. Please retake the photo. Hold the camera steady and ensure all four corners are visible.||
|Could not find endorsement on back of check. Make sure check is endorsed and retake the photo.||
|This check has already been submitted. We cannot accept it again.||
|Poor lighting or contrast detected. Please retake the photo with good lighting.||
|Cannot read account data on bottom of check. Please retake the photo. Ensure the camera is in focus and all four corners are visible.||
|Significant rotation or angle detected. Please retake the photo. Hold phone flat above check and keep all four corners visible||
|It appears you submitted 2 images of front of check. Please retake both front and rear photos.||
|The amount you entered did not match the amount detected. Please re-enter amount and retake photo.||