Cornerstone Bank Mobile Deposit allows you to make a deposit directly into your checking or savings account using the Cornerstone Bank mobile app on supported iPhone or Android devices.
The first step is to enroll in mobile banking. After you login to online banking, click on Options and scroll down to Mobile Banking Profile. Click on Manage Devices. If you are not enrolled, this will state Enrollment Status: Not Enrolled and you have the option to Enroll Now. When you choose Enroll Now, you will be taken to the Terms and Conditions to accept. You will then be directed to the Mobile Banking Main Menu to walk through the set up of your Mobile Banking using text, app, or mobile browser.
Before logging into the Mobile Banking app:
- Close all other apps running in the background on your mobile phone, ie, Instagram, Facebook, Skype or Pinterest.
- Ensure a steady internet connection (3G, 4G, wireless is preferred in case you are on a basement or remote location).
- Endorse the back of your check, and include the words "Cornerstone Mobile Deposit."
- Login to Mobile Banking via Cornerstone Bank's downloaded application using an iPhone or Android smartphone.
- Select Deposits from the menu
- The Deposits menu becomes available.
- Select New Deposit
- Select the account to deposit funds.
- You can deposit most checks drawn on U. S. financial institutions. Checks must be made payable to an account owner and may not be made payable to a business (see below for a list of checks that can not be deposited through Mobile Deposit).
- Enter the amount of the check.
- Each check is considered a separate deposit. You can make multiple deposits each day. However, there are daily deposit limits for each user.
- Select Continue
- You will be prompted to take a photo of the front of the check. Take the photo against a background that gives a strong contrast, remove any objects that show up in the picture, ensure the entire check is visible, in focus and well lit (see below for guidelines for taking photos). If the photo is clear, click Use. Repeat the process for the back of the check.
Review the Deposit
- Review the deposit information on the confirm screen. If the information is correct click yes.
Once you confirm the deposit, the images are validated to ensure image quality and to validate that the back of the check has been endorsed.
Real time tests are performed to:
- Verify it has not been deposited before.
- Read hand or machine printed amount from image.
- Compare amount read from image to amount entered.
- Verify the check amount doesn't exceed deposit limits.
Once the validation is complete, a Result screen will display either Deposit Pending or Deposit Failed.
- If the deposit passes the real time tests, it will display Deposit Pending on the Result screen. The status will remain pending until the bank reviews your deposit to ensure it is in compliance with the Mobile Deposit Terms and Conditions. We encourage you to check the status of your deposit within a few hours by selecting Deposits and View Deposit History until the status indicates accepted.
- If the deposit fails the real time tests, you will receive an error message on the Result screen with the reason the deposit failed. Depending on the reason the deposit failed, you may be given an option to retake the image (see below for Guidelines for Resolving Error Message or Exception Message).
- You are able to view 30 days of deposit history.
- The icons below on the left side of the deposit history screen indicate the status of your deposit.
- We encourage you to check the status of your deposit within two hours of submitting your deposit by selecting Deposits and View Deposit History.
- If the deposit status is pending, the bank is in the process of reviewing your deposit to ensure it is in compliance with the Mobile Deposit Terms and Conditions.
- If the deposit status is failed, please contact the bank at 888-297-2100 to determine the reason.
- If the deposit status is accepted, the bank has reviewed and processed your deposit.
- Click deposit to view more details.
- The user can also click View Check to view the image.
- View Details
- view Front
- view Back
If you transmit your mobile deposit before 4:30 pm CST on any Business Day, we shall review and process your mobile deposit on that Business Day. If your deposit is in compliance with the mobile deposit terms and conditions and displays "accepted", it will be credited to your account the same business day. If you transmit your mobile deposit after 4:30 pm CST on any Business Day, we shall review and process your mobile deposit on the next Business Day. If your deposit is in compliance with the mobile deposit terms and conditions and displays "accepted", it will be credited to your account the next business day.
Retention of Original Check
You should retain the original check in a secure location and shred the original check fourteen (14) calendar days after the item posts to your account.
Guidelines for taking photos
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos.
- Keep the check within the view finder on the camera screen when capturing your photos. Try not to get too much of the areas surrounding the check.
- Take the photos of your check in a well-lit area.
- Take the photo against a background that gives a strong contrast. Place the check on solid dark background before taking the photo of it. A light colored check against a light colored background may not work.
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photos.
- Hold the camera as square to the check as possible to reduce corner to corner skew.
- Make sure that the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit.
- No shadows across the check
- All four corners are visible
- Check is not blurry
- The MICR line (numbers on the bottom of your check) is readable.
Checks that can not be deposited through Mobile Deposit
- Checks payable to any person other than you
- Checks payable to any person other than the person that owns the account that the check is being deposited into
- Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States
- Checks not payable in United States currency
- Some check formats will not take. An example of this may be personal checks with busy backgrounds
- An image replacement document
- Remotely created checks (whether in paper form or electronically created)
- Checks drawn against a line of credit
- Checks that the image quality does not pass validation
- Duplicate Detection if the check has already been submitted for deposit
- Savings bonds
- Traveler's checks
- Insurance drafts
- Sight drafts
- Checks or items containing alteration to any of the fields on the front of the check or item (including the MICR line), or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check or item is drawn
- Checks that the courtesy amount is not legible
- Checks dated more than six (6) months prior to the date of deposit
Certified Device List
Google Android models
- Android (Froyo) 2.2 or newer
- Cameras with 2.0+ Megapixel resolution and autofocus
- Either touch screen or keyboard phones
iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, 6 and 6 Plus models
- Apple iOS 6.0 or newer
Note: The iPhone 3G is no longer supported on the newest version of Apple's OS. Any current users that have already downloaded the APP on their phone will continue to be able to use it (and use Mobile Capture once activated), but no new users will be able to enroll for Mobiliti with an iPhone 3G
Guidelines for Resolving Exception Messages
The following exception messages provide certain conditions that may result in an error message and how to resolve the exception.
Error Message Text