If your debit card is lost or stolen, please report it immediately to Cornerstone Bank at 701-364-9630 or 888-297-2100. To report a lost or stolen debit card after hours, please call 800-472-3272. To activate or change your PIN, please call 800-992-3808. If you have MasterCard questions while traveling, please call 877-253-8964. If you have questions about your MasterCard benefits, please call 1-800-MASTERCARD (1-800-627-8372). Click here for debit card FAQ.
You can set-up alerts to notify you of certain activity on your account. To setup alerts, log-in to online banking, click on Alerts in the top right corner of the screen, choose the type of alert and click on set up new alert. You will be prompted to choose a category, type of alert, which account you wish to have alerts on and whether to be notified by email or text.
If your checks are lost or stolen, please report it immediately to Cornerstone Bank at 701-364-9630 or 888-297-2100.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I enroll in mobile banking?
- Once you have logged in to your online banking, click on Profile at the top of the screen and scroll down to Mobile Banking. Click on Manage Devices. If you are not enrolled, this will state Enrollment Status: Not Enrolled and you have the option to Enroll Now. When you choose Enroll Now, you will be taken to the Terms and Conditions to accept. You will then be directed to the Mobile Banking Main Menu to walk through the set up of your Mobile Banking using text, app, or mobile browser.
Is there a fee for Mobile Deposit?
How do I enroll in text banking?
- Once you have logged in to your online banking, click Profile, select Mobile Banking, click manage devices, click add new device and follow the prompts through an easy set up process.
Which accounts can I access using online banking?
- You can view any checking, savings, certificate and loan account that you are an owner or signer.
Is there a fee for online banking?
- No. Cornerstone Bank online banking is a free service.
Why is my Username being denied?
- It may be denied for a couple reasons. Your Username is case sensitive and must be at least 6 characters with no required numeric or alpha. The Username may already exist for another online banking client.
Can I change my Username that I use at login?
- If you wish to change your Username, please contact the bank.
How often am I required to change my password and why?
- You are required to change your password annually for security purposes.
How do I get my account unlocked?
- Please contact our Customer Service Team at 701-364-9630 or 888-297-2100.
What if I forget my password?
- Click on the Forgot Password link on the home screen or on Forgot Password link where you would typically input your password. It will ask for your Username, last four digits of your social security number and email address. The email address must match the email address Cornerstone Bank has on file. Then click on reset password. You will receive a message that an email with your temporary password has been sent to the email address we have on file. You will receive an email with your temporary password. You will be prompted to change your password the first time you login.
How do I change my password?
- Once you have logged in to your online banking, select Profile at the top of the screen and scroll down to password and click on edit. You will need to enter your current and new password.
How do I change my security questions?
- Once you have logged in to your online banking, select Profile at the top of the screen and scroll down to the section titled, Challenge Questions. Click on Edit and follow the instructions through the drop downs to change your security questions.
How do I update my email address?
- Once you have logged in to your online banking, select Profile at the top of the screen and scroll down to the section titled, EMail. Click on Edit and enter your email address twice to confirm it.
Why is my Account deactivated?
- After 90 days of no activity your online account will deactivate. You will need to re-enroll as a new user.
Can I set up email or text alerts?
- Yes. Alerts can be set up to notify you of balances or activity on your account, such as pending transactions, ACH debits and checks that have cleared. To setup alerts, click on Alerts in the top right corner of any online screen, choose the type of alert and click on set up new alert. You will be prompted to choose a category, type of alert, which account you wish to have alerts on and whether to be notified by email or text.
How often will I receive an email or text notification for an alert?
- Many of the alerts are tied to specific transaction types (such as checks cleared, ACH debit) that require nightly processing to trigger the alert. Typically, you will receive the alert the next morning. If you have a pending transaction alert set up, you may receive notification throughout the day.
Do I have access to a budgeting tool in online banking?
- Yes. Once you have logged in to your online banking, click on categorize. You can create spending reports on all your accounts and export transactions. You can create an income and expense report. You have the ability to assign or change the category on a transaction under view transactions.
Why can I not view an account?
- You are only able to view accounts for which you are an authorized signer. If you believe that you are an authorized signer for an account that you are unable to view, please contact our Customer Service Team at 701-364-9630 or 888-297-2100.
How do I view images?
- Once you have logged in to online banking, you can view an image of a check or deposit on the home page by clicking on the account and scrolling down to the transactions and then click on the hyperlink. The front and back of all checks/deposits will be displayed. This service is free!
Can I view an image of Current Business Day Transactions?
- Since these transactions will not post to your account until the nightly update, you can not view the image until the following business day.
How far back may I view images?
- You may view images for the past 18 months.
How do I add a nickname to my accounts?
- Using nicknames can make it easier to manage your accounts. From the home page, click on Edit Accounts and a list of your accounts will appear. Just select the account you would like to add a nickname to and type the nickname in the box on the left hand side.
How do I enroll in bill pay?
- Once you have logged in to your online banking, click on Pay Bills at the top of the screen. You will be asked to read and accept the terms and conditions.
How do I set up or delete a recurring transfer?
- Click on Transfer, complete each field and check the repeat box. You can choose the frequency of the transfer. If you would like to delete a scheduled transfer, please contact the bank.
What is the cut-off time to schedule an online transfer?
- The cut-off time is 6:00 pm Central Standard Time (CST). Transfers scheduled after that time will be processed the following business day.
What happens if I have scheduled a transfer that falls on a weekend or a holiday?
- The transaction will occur on the next business day after the weekend or holiday.
Can I make a loan payment?
- Yes. You can use the transfer option to move funds from your checking or savings account to make a regular, principal, interest, or escrow payment. If you make a regular loan payment, it will reduce your automatic payment amount.
How do I view previous statements?
- You can view the past 18 months of statements by clicking Accounts and then Documents. Choose the account in the account drop down and enter the date range. Then click on submit.
How do I enroll in electronic statements?
- Once you have logged in to your online banking, click on Profile at the top of the screen. Scroll down to Electronic Statements and click Edit. You are allowed to enroll for electronic statements if you are listed as the first name on an account. Scroll to the account that you wish to enroll for electronic statements. Click on Checking, click on electronic statements terms and conditions and read the terms and conditions. Close out of the terms and conditions and you will be back on the electronic statement screen. Click on the box that you have read the terms and conditions and then click save.
What is the fee for electronic statements?
- There is no fee to receive electronic statements!
How will I know when my electronic statements are ready?
- We will notify you that your electronic statements are ready for viewing at the e-mail address you provide when you enroll.
Can I switch back to paper statements?
- Yes, you simply need to stop in the bank or give us a call, and we can reactivate them for you. If you are a Rewards Checking customer, please remember that this is one of the simple qualifiers.
Why is an account not available for electronic statement enrollment?
- You are allowed to enroll for electronic statements if you are listed as the first name on an account.
Is Cornerstone online banking secure?
- Yes. We use advanced technology to ensure your information stays safe and secure. Only you have the access to your accounts with your Username and password. We strongly suggest you do not share your Username or password, PIN or account numbers with anyone. One additional way that we help you keep online banking secure is by having you change your password annually.
How can I increase my own security when using online banking?
- Make your password strong by using capital and lower case letters, numbers, and symbols.
- When logging in to online banking click on the hide feature when entering your username and answering your security challenge question.
- Change your password often.
- During enrollment in online banking, you will be asked security questions and have the option to register the computer you are using. Do not register a public computer.
- Install anti-virus and anti-malware software on your computer.
- Ensure that up to date anti-virus and anti-malware software programs are being used on your computer.
- Never share any personal information, especially social security numbers, account numbers, logins or passwords, especially via e-mail.
- Memorize your ID and password so that you don’t have it written down or stored on your mobile device.
- When you are finished using online banking, always choose to “Log Out”.
- Never provide your user name or password to anyone calling you and asking for it, even if they identify themselves as being from the bank.
Can I access online banking from a public computer?
- Yes. To authenticate your identity, you will be prompted to answer security challenge questions that you set up during enrollment in online banking. Do not register a public computer.
What is Popmoney?
- Popmoney enables you to send money quickly to another person directly from your Cornerstone account. Popmoney payments can be sent to any personal payee within the United States. The minimum payment allowed through Popmoney is $5. You can send money three ways.
- Account Information - By using the recipient's account and routing number, the money will be deposited directly in to their account.
- E-mail Address - The person you’re sending the money to will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to direct the payment to their account.
- Mobile Number - The person you pay will receive a text message directing them to provide payment information. Remember, message and data rates may apply.
How do I enroll in Popmoney?
- Sign up for Popmoney through online banking. You will see Popmoney is one of the tabs when you sign in to "Pay Bills". Then, just follow the prompts.
Is there a fee for Popmoney?
- It is free for regular delivery which is 3 business days, and only $1.50 for next day delivery. If you use the Popmoney window on the online banking "Home" page, you will automatically be billed $1.50 for next day delivery. If you go to "Pay Bills" and then click Popmoney, you will have options under "Delivery" to choose 3 business days for free or next business day for $1.50.
Will my account information be shared with the recipient?
- No. Your account information is not shared.
Can I use alerts to help guard against fraud?
- Absolutely. We recommend that all customers set up SecureAlerts to monitor account activity. When you activate SecureAlerts you’ll know exactly what’s happening with your money, and you can watch for suspicious activity in real-time.
How do I sign up to receive alerts?
- It’s easy! Log on to Online Banking and click on “Alerts” at the upper right. You can choose the alerts you wish to receive from the Alert Options tab via text, email and secure inbox. You can also set up push notifications from the Cornerstone Bank mobile app. Just go to the More menu and select Alerts to set up.
Can I set up alerts from the mobile banking app?
- Yes. To set up push notifications through our Mobile Banking app, log on, select More from the bottom of the screen, then Alerts. Turn on Push Notifications. Once turned on, you can set up account alerts, security alerts, and view your recent history of alerts sent.
How do I activate an email address or phone number to receive alerts?
- When setting up alerts from the Contact Options tab, click “send activation code”. Type the code you receive into the activation box.
Can I send alerts to more than one person?
- Yes. When setting up alerts, in the Contact Options tab there is a link to add additional contacts.
Is there a maximum amount of email addresses and/or cell phone #’s I can put in the contact section to receive the alert notifications?
- There is no limit on how many email addresses or phone numbers you can add.
If I set up the alerts to be emailed to me, whom do the emails come from?
- The email will come from email@example.com and text will come from 41952.
What are the system requirements to receive alerts though the Mobile Banking app?
- Our Mobile Banking app supports mobile devices using operating system versions of Android 6.0 or Apple iOS 12 or newer.
Is there a fee to receive alerts?
- No. This is a free service. However, note that text message and data fees may be charged by your service provider to receive text alerts.
How do I stop alerts from being texted?
- To stop Alerts via text message, text “STOP” to 41952 at anytime.
What happens if I text “STOP” to opt out of receiving alerts but decide I want to continue receiving them?
- In Online Banking under the Contact Options tab for Alerts you will need to set-up the Text Message Number you would like to receive the alerts at again.
Can I take action from a push notification alert?
- Yes. You can now take action from the High Balance and Low Balance Push Notification Alerts. When you receive them, interact with the notifications alerts by swiping or tapping to transfer funds.
Why did I get a text message that was 1/2 and 2/2 and didn’t appear in the correct order?
- A text message is limited to 160 characters, so if the message is longer than that, you will receive two messages. Sometimes those are not received in the correct order. We have tried to make the alerts fit into one text. If you do get an alert with two texts – please let us know.
Why do I get text alerts at varied times throughout the night?
- Our system completes nightly batch updates so you will receive the message at those times. There is a Do not Disturb option you can set up for the Alerts. In Online Banking, go to Alerts, click on “Contact Options” and set-up Do Not Disturb under each contact option. If you set-up Do Not Disturb, alerts will still happen, but will not be sent until the Do Not Disturb period is off. You can also put your phone on DND and you will not get them until that is turned back on.
Why did I get multiple alerts for the same transaction?
- Some transactions will trigger 2-3 notifications. Example: If you set up Withdrawals and Transactions over threshold, you could receive 2 notification depending what you have the threshold set as and what alerts you have activated.
In the email notification, why is the transaction description field sometimes blank?
- The transaction description is left blank for some transactions. When a check you write has cleared your account or interest is paid on an account, the system does not have a description so it leaves this field blank.
Can I review past alerts?
- Yes. Log on to Online Banking and go to the Sent Alerts screen. It displays a list of your alerts with the details as long as you selected to receive alerts via secure inbox. You can mark as read or delete past alerts from here. Online Banking will hold up to 200 past alerts. You can also view past alerts from our Mobile Banking app.
How do I delete or modify alerts?
- Log on to Online Banking and and click on “Alerts” at the upper right. Then click the Overview tab to view all of your alerts. Click to Edit or Delete any existing alert.
Why do I not see the alert category for Certificates and/or Loans?
- If you do not have a Certificate of Deposit (CD) with CSB, you will not see the Certificate Category; same is true with loan alerts.